BIG KID activity cards have arrived! These are the best hands-on activities to do with kids at home.
You asked for activities to do with kids at home, and we got to work. These are activities to help our big kids thrive and extend learning.
I made sure these activities involved problem-solving, creating, and moving beyond a memorized learning concept.
These BIG KID activity cards are gorgeous! Let’s take a look inside and see which activities to do with kids at home are inside.
Who are these BIG KID activity cards for?
20 hands-on activities for ages 5.5-8 years old.
Most activities are linked to a Common Core first-grade standard to help parents see how the ideas align with what many children are following in school.
More than half of the ideas inside this pack will be kept exclusively for cardholders! This means you will never find the majority of ideas here on our blog.
What is inside the BIG KID activity cards?
Inside this incredible set of cards has 20 hands-on activities.
Each activity card has an engaging image on the front.
The back of each activity card lists:
- Morning Of Breakfast Invitation
- Language to Use at Home
- Behind the Scenes – which skills we are working on
What subjects are in this set of activity cards?
It was important for me to make sure not only subjects were covered, but that the activities we do with our kids at home were also hands-on and inspired thinking.
Included in this set are learning concepts such as:
- labeling a diagram
- compound words
- hand-eye coordination
- comparing numbers
- least to greatest
- fact vs. opinion
- fine motor strength
- making words that have a familiar pattern of letters
- parts of speech
What are some of the hands-on learning activities?
Inside these cards, you will find hands-on leaning play prompts. You can use these cards as a Breakfast Invitation, or pull out when you want to boost up remote learning.
- A simple set up prepared the night before. We use Breakfast Invitations weekday mornings.
- An easy way to engage your BIG KIDS in learning using limited supplies.
- A solution for YOU to drink your coffee, make breakfast and wake up without a million requests.
- These BIG KID activities are ways to invite your preschooler to practice something they have ALREADY mastered.
- It is a time for your BIG KIDS to have a hands-on review that will engage their thinking before everyone starts their day.
These activities to do with big kids at home are fun learning play prompts that elementary ages will enjoy!
Most of the supplies are the same as what we used in our preschool activity cards. I wanted to make finding supplies as simple as possible!
Links to all the supplies can be found here on our supply list.